How happy would you be if you were given the opportunity to swap the unattractive flaws of your smile for a flawless, breathtaking smile? If that opportunity turned into reality, would you take advantage of it? Well have you heard about the extraordinary benefits of dental veneers? Dr. Trent Smallwood of the Centre for Contemporary Dental Concepts offers amazing, beautiful veneers in Phoenix!
When you take advantage of our porcelain veneers, the impressive results will blow you away—and others that you know you, too! You will experience the flawless, natural-looking results that veneers have to offer. After your nearly painless veneers procedure, others around you will be complimenting you on your brand new smile—so get used to saying “thank you” very frequently!
Long-term veneers care tips
In order for your beautiful veneers to last as long as they should (approximately 10-20 years!), Dr. Smallwood recommends that you abide by a few healthy habits. For long-term veneers care, he recommends that you avoid the following if you have dental veneers:
- Avoid hard foods/snacks, including pistachio nuts, hard candy, chicken/rib bones, etc (If you must eat hard food, we recommend chewing with your back teeth)
- Avoid frequent, heavy alcohol consumption (alcohol dissolves the bonding material used to fasten the veneers to your tooth)
- Biting your fingernails
- Opening items using your teeth
- Using mouthwashes with ingredients containing alcohol
- Biting toothpicks or other hard items that can displace your veneers
- Grinding or clenching teeth (our dentists might suggest a night mouth guard to prevent veneers damage)
By avoiding these types of behaviors and lifestyle habits, you should be well on your way to enjoying the long-lasting benefits of veneers. The bottom line for long-term veneers care—you should treat your veneers with the same consistent oral care as you would with your regular teeth. Just remember that taking care of your veneers will allow you to enjoy your flawless smile for many years to come!
Daily at-home dental care is critical
As always, whether you have dental veneers or not, we highly recommend and urge our patients to practice effective at-home oral care. This includes:
- Flossing once a day
- Brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day
- Limiting sugar consumption
- Staying away from dark colored beverages
- And don’t forget to schedule your regular 6-month checkup appointments!
Do you want your beautiful dental veneers?
So are you ready to choose amazing, beautiful veneers in Phoenix by Dr. Smallwood? If you have any questions, or if you’d like to schedule your veneers appointment, call our cosmetic dentist today!