In order to choose which porcelain veneers dentists are the best in Phoenix, there are a multitude of questions that you should ask him or her. Gaining answers to such questions will ultimately help you decipher among the best cosmetic dentist versus an undesirable one.
Questions to ask your porcelain veneers dentist
When you arrive at your consultation appointment, or when you call to schedule your appointment, you can ask any or all of the following questions:
- What is your experience with the porcelain veneers procedure? How many veneers patient cases have you successfully completed?
- Can I see before and after pictures of veneers cases that you’ve completed?
- Are the results that I want (your dream smile) realistic? How will you create my dream smile?
- Is there another cosmetic dental solution that would be more effective to create my dream smile?
- What types of patient financing do you offer? What is the cost for veneers at your office?
- What is the typical length of time that veneers have lasted for your patients? How long should I expect my veneers to last after you place them?
- What are your recommendations for how many veneers I should get?
- What can I expect from the veneers procedure?
- Is anesthesia available? What types of anesthesia do you use?
- Are you credentialed in the cosmetic dentistry field?
- What types of complications or side effects can be expected from the veneers procedure?
- What types of side effects and complications have your past veneers patients experienced after the procedure?
- What is your policy on redoing veneers if the results do not meet my expectations or the intended treatment goals that we agreed upon? Will I be charged for redoing or replacing my veneers?
Gaining the answers to these questions will help you decide whether or not the cosmetic dentist is knowledgeable and well experienced with porcelain veneers. During this conversation, you will also be able to assess whether or not your personalities and communication styles mesh with each other. For instance, you wouldn’t want to choose a dentist who doesn’t listen to your dental needs, or who doesn’t know the answers to your questions!
Your patient responsibilities
In addition to the cosmetic dentist answering all of your questions, it is your responsibility as a patient to disclose your accurate medical history. This will allow Dr. Smallwood to choose which type of sedation dentistry methods are best for you (if needed), which medications to prescribe (if needed), and the like. Such information that you should tell Dr. Smallwood includes:
- Tell him about allergies that you have or have had in the past. This includes allergies to food, medications, the environment, etc.
- Tell Dr. Smallwood about all of the medications you are currently taking. Don’t forget to include prescription and non-prescription medications.
Call Dr. Smallwood today for your appointment!
Keep in mind that trusting a porcelain veneers dentist with your dental health is critical to getting the gorgeous, dream smile you’ve always wanted. Dr. Smallwood is excited and more than ready to craft your porcelain veneers smile—are you ready, too?